Friday, August 6, 2010

Where can I find a potentiometer to control the rotational speed of my DC motor?

I have a 12V, 50W DC motor. It's geared down to 60 rpm from 3000 rpm. However, I want to be able to control the rpm from 0 to 60 without turning off the motor. I need a potentiometer that can do this, and at the same time work as an on/off switch. Preferably something with pre-made circuitry (I can build the outer shell and connect the cables myself). I've been having trouble finding such a solution, most standard dimmers work for AC. It doesn't have to be a commercial solution, industrial will work fine.Where can I find a potentiometer to control the rotational speed of my DC motor?
Do you really want a potentiometer? that is not the best solution, a pulse width speed controller will do a much better job.





You will need a 100 watt potentiometer, probably 5 or 10 ohms in value.





.

No comments:

Post a Comment