Friday, August 6, 2010

How can I make or Where can I find a 12v DC controlled 110v AC switch/relay?

I would like to control several 110v-120v AC halogen work lights (20 amps max) using a 12v DC switch. I'm thinking a relay would work perfectly for this scenario. However, I'm not familiar with any relays that use 12v DC on the low current side and 110v AC on the high current side. I do not want to use an inverter to convert the AC to DC or DC to AC.How can I make or Where can I find a 12v DC controlled 110v AC switch/relay?
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSear鈥?/a>





Do a quick search on this Digikey site for ';relay'; - I have previously purchased 12 volt trigger relays with a rated output of 30A@220V. This should be more than adaquate for your project.How can I make or Where can I find a 12v DC controlled 110v AC switch/relay?
Newark or Digikey.You want a relay with 12V DC coil and contacts that will handle the load current.

No comments:

Post a Comment